A blog pretty much about everything:) Married life, family, and now my pregnancy journal:P

Friday, June 3, 2011

DIY projects

I have been doing a lot of DIY stuff for Maddy. I have always loved doing crafty stuff so its right up my alley. I will post pictures of her nursery when I am completely finished with it (most likely wont be until after my shower at 30 weeks). But I will post some of my DIY stuff from her nursery in here:) First I put up the tree decal in the corner of her room. It came in like 100+ pieces and was a real pain in the neck to put up, but I think it was so worth it and makes the room awesome...

The next thing I wanted to do was put a wall quote up that would go with her disney pictures kinda...I found a quote that I loved but didn't want to spend the money on something that I thought I could make myslef. (I already spent way to much freaking money ordering that tree decal because I knew I wouldn't be able to make that). So I ordered some pink adhesive vinyl and used my cricut machine to cut out all the letters and stars. Then I placed it on the wall:) It is way way way bigger then I originally planned but I still think it looks good.



I aldo made the M that is on her closet door there in the last picture and the princess crown that is in this pic...


So since I have so much wall decal stuff I wanted to do block letters for her name over the crib. Originally I wanted to do a decal, but I think now it would be way to much. So I looked on the net for block letters that I like but it was just to much to order. So yesterday I went to hobby lobby and found all the letters 40% off! So all the letters, paint, and glitter for them only cost me about $20. So that will be my next project anc I can't wait to see how it turns out:)

I am also big on all things girly. I love tutus and headbands etc. But Once again not the prices on them lol So I made her some headbands last night! They turned out great. Bought all the feathers, flowers, beads, and actual band part seperately and pieced them together. I am sure I will make more since she needs one in every color:P Plus it is way cheaper to make then buy one of these...


I've started making some onesies for her too. Only got two done so far...The 88 is a Dale Earnhardt Jr. onesie. My DH is a big nascar person and Earnhardt Jr is his fav racer. I am sure Maddy will watch plenty of nascar and football with her daddy:) But all nascar stuff is crazy expensive so I used my cricut to cut out this felt and added it to her onesie...May try to girl it up with a cute green headband or something. I also plan to make a ford/chevy house divided type of onesie so we will see how that turns out...


So that is all I have done so far:) And for your viewing pleasure...my 23 Week bump:)

No comments:

Post a Comment