A blog pretty much about everything:) Married life, family, and now my pregnancy journal:P

Friday, February 25, 2011

9 WEEKS!

So here is a comparison of how much bigger I have gotten...
4 weeks vs today at 9 weeks.

A definite bigger belly...


How far along? 9 Weeks!
Weight gain/loss: Alright here it is....+8lbs! At this rate I am going to be 40+lbs at 40 weeks. I'm not a happy camper. But, I have had NO morning sickness...only extreme hunger all the time. I finish eating a snack or lunch and I am starving again soon. It sucks being hungy all the freaking time.
Maternity clothes? I did buy a pair of maternity short. This is Texas and we have already had 80 degree weather here. Definetely shorts and t-shirt weather. There was no way I would have fit into my size 4's from last summer. With all this weight I have gained I would have to buy 8's to wear. So I figured I would go ahead and get a pair of shorts to last me the whole summer. I plan to buy some cute summer dresses to live in today:)
Stretch marks? No new ones, but did buy some lotion to start using, even though it probably won't help.
Sleep? Been sleeping good, fell asleep by 8:30 a couple times this last week.
Best moment this week? I found out my best friend is also pregnant. Not a planned pregnancy, but I am still excited. She is probably due right around when I am. AND of course I got to see our little peanut!! It was amazing seeing that there really is a baby in there with a heartbeat;)
Food cravings: hmmm, I have been enjoying some chef boy rd ravioli.
Gender: Now I think it is a girl.
Belly button in or out? In
Movement? no
What I miss? My cousin came down to visit for a couple days and I missed drinking with her! Usually when she visits we party it up and this time I couldn't. But she was really happy for me when I told her why:P
What I'm looking forward to: Well, tomorrow we are going to buy our crib and changer that we are getting for less then half the price in the store.
Milestones: Baby is a fetus now!

Baby this week:

Baby is beginning to move and grow nipples and hair follicles. His pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and anus are all in place, ready to poop and pee a dozen times a day when he's born. Your baby's head is half the size of his body and his little chin is tucked into his chest. His tiny tail is beginning to shrink away, giving Junior a more human and less amphibious look.

Until now, all pre-babies look the same "down there." This week, however, your baby will begin to develop either male or female genitalia. In layman terms, your baby is beginning to develop her hoo-ha or his wee-wee. While you won't be able to find out the gender of your baby for several more weeks, the version you'll give birth to is being developed right now.

At this stage, your developing fetus is 1-inch in length, about the size of a martini olive (you remember martinis, don't you?) and weighs a mere 2 grams—a little less than a penny.

What baby looks like this week:)

1 comment:

  1. Don't even worry about 1st tri weight gain, it will all even out :) Have fun buying your furniture!

    ReplyDelete